O M G
Stop whatever you were doing and make this.
This is a keeper. I actually think it’s BETTER than the wheaty-gluten-filled version. Oh yes. It’s good by itself, it’s good with jam on top, and I think I may try a choc chip version as well….. ahhhh fall foods make me happy.
- 1/4 C safflower oil
- 3/4 C pumpkin paste (also known as canned pumpkin)
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 C chilled coconut milk (so that it’s thick and creamy)
- 1 egg (replaced with egg replacer)
- 1 TABLESPOON baking powder
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup of rice flour mixed with potato starch (I used 1/2 and 1/2)
Mix it all up. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. I used an oiled 9 x 7 cake pan (heavy ceramic -LeCruset) and it was perfect. Time in the oven may depend on what pan you have. Glass pan- probably 30-35 minutes. I suppose that cupcakes would work too, but bake them for a shorter amount of time.