Wait. Wasn’t there a dozen cookies on the tray a second ago? Yes, there were… but they have been eaten by the resident cookie monster, who declares them “….SO!!!!…. GOOD!!!!…”
They are actually the first gluten free chocolate chip cookies that have ever turned out like actual cookies. So we are on the right track at least. Finally, a chocolate chip cookie dough that doesn’t spread out all over the pan. Finally. YAY!
Chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 C Spectrum brand organic palm shortening (or 1/2 C butter if you must)
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 egg (replaced with 1 T golden flax meal and 3T hot water-left to sit and gel)
- 1 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Gluten free vanilla extract (Costco has it in the baking section)
- 1 C potato starch (second batch was even better with 1/4 C brown rice flour + 3/4 C potato)
- 2/3 C Enjoy life Chocolate chips (no wheat, no dairy, no soy)
Mix until creamy and thickened. Drop by teaspoons onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Flatten slighty if you want to.
Bake at 375 for 8 minutes or until slightly browned.