It’s finally Fall. Time to break out the crockpot.
Yummy food. No work. Lots of leftovers. What’s not to love?
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 cooked chicken breast (optional)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can garbanzo beans (pureed- they will never know it’s even in there)
- 2 C cooked lentils
- 1 large can pinto beans
- 1 large can dark red kidney beans
- Add chicken broth as needed.
- Add chili seasoning to taste. (depends on what brand you buy)
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Dump it all in the crockpot. Cook on high for 4 hours, or until the onions are done.
Freeze the leftovers for quick dinners later.