Oh, wow. These were amazing. A little bit of prep work paid off big time.
Make them. You will never go back to those weird frozen things in a box again. It’s cheaper to cook at home anyway.
- 1 lb. hamburger – browned
- 1 large yellow onion – chopped
- 1/4 head of cabbage, shredded, finely sliced and diced
- 3 cups of shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 2 packages of Frontera enchilada sauce (I found it at Whole Foods)
- 1 package of organic corn tortillas
- cilantro – chopped
Brown the hamburger with the chopped onion. Warm the tortillas just slightly so they are flexible.
Dip the tortillas in some of the sauce, and add a spoonful of the meat and onion mixture with a sprinkle of cabbage and cilantro and cheese. Roll it up and lay it in a baking dish.
Once you have constructed all the rolled tortillas, pour any remaining sauce over and around them in the pan. Layer on a good bit of chees over the top.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes to let the cheese get melty.
These were fantastic with a side of rice, and reheated leftovers might have been better than the original. mmmmmmm