Yeah, well the company’s going to arrive soon. Not a lot of time to run to the store, and I don’t want to feed them frozen pizza. What to make? What to make? Well, in this case it was more of a question of: “What’s in the cupboard and sort of works together?”
Things to work with for inspiration…. a bowl of potatoes, some chicken breasts, package of chicken sausage and a box of soup. Hmmm.
Add some curry powder and an onion!!! That’s it! voila. Dinner. Bonus: it smells really good while it’s baking.
Chicken Curry with Potatoes
- 6 chicken sausages, sliced //Amylu Brand, andouille is what I used
- 5 chicken breasts, cut into smaller portions
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 6 potatoes, sliced
- 1 box of Pacific Brand cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 T Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tsp curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
Layered in the above order, in a baking pan. Covered with foil and baked for 2 hours at 350. Baked another 45 minutes uncovered to brown the potatoes, and reduce the gravy a little bit.