Making gluten-free fried chicken isn’t any harder than making it with wheat flour. Really.
I also make mine egg free, so here’s how to do that.
- Cut chicken into pieces. (I make mine “nugget” sized. And I use the boneless and skinless thighs in handy 1 pound packets that I find at Costco.)
- Rinse chicken, drain.
- Combine two eggs with 1/2 C water, 1/2 tsp salt (I used flax eggs)
- Mix 1 cup gf flour mix (1/2 potato starch, 1/2 brown rice flour) , 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsp xanthan gum and 1/2 tsp soda
- dip chicken in egg mixture and then the flour mixture and then place in frying pan.
- cook until golden and crispy.
- Place fried chicken pieces in a 9 x 13 baking pan, lined with paper towels, for 20 minutes to finish cooking the chicken and to crisp it up.
We served ours with raspberry jam biscuits, green beans and peaches. Yum.
The leftovers will go nicely into a bento box lunch tomorrow. Hooray!