Christmas dinner for days. That’s the plan anyway. I think there are enough leftovers to make at least 3 more just “reheat it” lunches/dinners. How can I reinvent ham and potatoes into other things. hmmmm… lessee….
There is enough at least to make:
- ham and cheese sandwiches, grilled with lettuce and tomato on top
- potato soup will morph from the leftover scalloped potatoes somehow- probably with some chicken stock and more onion
- pea soup…. always a favorite.
- Cabbage and potatoes is good with sausage – there is some of that too…….
- the always popular bento box lunch of rice and rolled ham with a side of green beans
This was 10 pound spiral ham and probably 5 pounds of potatoes … and it’s going to last for weeks. (::::sigh:::::) Maybe I should do this more than once a year, and fill the freezer with pea soup. LOL.not.
Note to self: figure out how to make TVdinners that survive the freeze/reheat cycle. What container would work. hmmmmm, something to figure out this week. Those 1/2 cup Gladware containers are great for my lunches.. but I need something bigger for other people who troll the freezer for food.
So if I add a cabbage to what is already in the fridge and cupboards – I can make any of those ideas and not have to buy any other groceries until the new year. Crazy.